The formal application process for FAP has closed, but we are still accepting late registrations. Please email Dana Knox directly for more information.
FAP Important Dates for 2020:
- July 6: Registration Opens
- July 13: Registration Closes
- July 17: All FAPper acceptance into the program confirmed
- July 20: All prefrosh must confirm THEIR commitment to their first choice program.
- July 27: FAP Kick Off Event!
- July 27August 19: FAP Programming (about 8-10 hours a week)
What to know:
- FAP is FREE of charge to all students
- There is no capacity for FAP, so ALL interested FirstYears can attend.
- It is not required to participate in every event, but there are prizes for the students with the highest attendance!
- No artistic experience is needed, only a willingness to participate and try new things.
- FAP is fully committed to all areas of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity.
- Our 16 Upperclass Proctors have been working hard to create an active summer social calendar that encourages FirstYears to get to know each other, many campus student arts leaders, as well as a large number of arts faculty and staff.
- For the first time, FAP will NOT have an application process, so anyone who would like to participate can!
- Masterclasses: Seven 90minute classes with our professionally working alumni Resident Artists.
- Keynote Dialogues: Seven 90 minutes moderated discussions and Q&A’s with nationally renowned artists.
- Workshops: Twenty+ smaller form classes that focus on specialty handson art making taught by faculty, staff, and alumni (Each FAPper will choose two).
Getting to know Harvard:
- Info Sessions: Seven 60 minute Information Sessions, addressing how to get engaged with art making opportunities on campus
- The FirstYear Musical: a 90 minute info session with last year’s creative team about what the First-Year Musical is, how to get involved, how they created their show, and how they adapted to transition the show into an online format, followed by a production of their show!