The formal application process for FAP will open in May. Please email Dana Knox directly for more information.
FAP Important Dates for 2022:
- May 9: Pre-Orientation Applications Open
- May 23: Pre-Orientation Applications Close
- June 13: All prefrosh must confirm THEIR commitment to their first choice program.
- August 19: FAP Arrival Day!
- August 19-25: FAP Programming
- August 27: FAP Pageant!
What to know:
- No artistic experience is needed, only a willingness to participate and try new things.
- FAP is fully committed to all areas of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity.
- You may bring, but are not required to, any art tools such as instruments, dance clothes, cameras, art supplies, etc.
- Dressing for FAP is simple. T-shirts, shorts, and sneakers will suffice for almost all activities.
- Our 19 Upperclass Proctors have been working hard to create an active social calendar that encourages First-Years to get to know each other, many campus student arts leaders, as well as a large number of arts faculty and staff.
- Arts Related Social Activities: Getting to know each other through creative events such as the Jam Session, Movie Night, Art Museum tours and more.
- Masterclasses: Seven 90 minute classes with our professionally working alumni Resident Artists in each major discipline.
- Keynote Dialogues: 90 minute moderated discussions and Q&A’s with nationally renowned artists.
- Workshops: Twenty smaller form classes that focus on specialty hands-on art making taught by faculty, staff, and alumni (Each FAPper will choose two).
Getting to know Harvard:
- Involvement Opportunities: how to get engaged with curricular and extracurricular art making opportunities on campus
- Tours of Arts Facilities and Venues
- Meet and interact with Harvard based Faculty, Staff, and Upperclass Artists.