Welcome Class of 2026!
Welcome to the First-Year Arts Program, Harvard Class of 2026!
August 19-25, 2022, IN PERSON AND ON CAMPUS!
Applications are closed. We can't wait to see you all soon!
The FAP Team is so excited to meet you all and have the chance to help you explore all of the art-making resources, learning opportunities, and the community of artists that exist in our College. A program of the Office for the Arts at Harvard (OFA), with the Dean of Students Office (DSO), we have created a truly one of a kind opportunity to ease you into the College experience through a language that speaks to us all: ART. FAP covers 7 artistic disciplines, or “threads”, consisting of Creative Writing, Dance, Drama, Film, Music, Studio Arts, and Theater Design.
When safety protocols forced us to reevaluate our program in Spring of 2020, the Resident Artists, the Proctors, and several campus offices rallied together to brainstorm. What is the core of FAP? What opportunities does this situation provide that we otherwise might never have had? How can we as artists creatively problem solve to create a one of a kind experience? How can we respond to so many challenging forces in our society, find our voices, and learn together how to lift each other up? We have thought meaningfully about these questions and many others, and have come up with the three pillars of FAP; Community, Learning Opportunities, and Getting to Know Harvard.
- Our 19 Upperclass Proctors have been working hard to create an active social calendar that encourages First-Years to get to know each other, many campus student arts leaders, as well as a large number of arts faculty and staff.
- Arts Related Social Activities: Getting to know each other through creative events such as the Jam Session, Movie Night, Art Museum tours and more.
- Masterclasses: Seven 90 minute classes with our professionally working alumni Resident Artists in each major discipline.
- Keynote Dialogues: 90 minute moderated discussions and Q&A’s with nationally renowned artists.
- Workshops: Twenty smaller form classes that focus on specialty hands-on art making taught by faculty, staff, and alumni (Each FAPper will choose two).
Getting to know Harvard:
- Involvement Opportunities: how to get engaged with curricular and extracurricular art making opportunities on campus
- Tours of Arts Facilities and Venues
- Meet and interact with Harvard based Faculty, Staff, and Upperclass Artists.
First-Year Arts Program (FAP)
Harvard College Dean of Students Office
1 Oxford Street
University Hall, Ground Floor South Suite
Cambridge, MA 02138